A classic New Orleans deserts that is loved by young and old. If you are serving it to the kids you may eliminate the rum if you wish it would still be a classic.
1/4 cup orange juice
1 tablespoon lemon juice
one-half stick butter
one-half teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
4 tablespoons brown sugar
one-third cup light rum
4 bananas - quartered
4 scoops ice cream
1. In a medium size sauté pan combine orange juice, lemon juice, butter, nutmeg, cinnamon and brown sugar.
2. Stir over medium heat until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved.
3. Add rum, being careful as it may flame up.
4. Simmer for 1 minute. Add bananas and simmer for additional 2 minutes.
5. Serve over vanilla ice cream.
Yields 4 servings.
Chef Patrick Mould
Louisiana Culinary Enterprises, Inc
Return to Recipes