New Orleans Muffuletta
This is one of the most heartiest sandwiches known to man. If you are unable to find muffeletta bread ask your locale baker to prepare you a special batch.
2-10 oz. jars Italian Olive Salad
1-6 oz. jar pitted black olives, drained
one-half cup McCormick Italian
one quarter cup McCormick Roasted
one quarter cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons dried basil
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon Tony Chachere's
1 teaspoon hot sauce
2 muffuletta bread, split
12 tablespoons olive dressing
4 slices Bryan Cotto Salami
4 slices Bryan Ham
4 slices smoked turkey
2 slices mozzarella cheese, halved
2 slices provolone cheese, halved
1. To make the olive dressing, start by mincing the black olives on cutting board and combine them with the remaining ingredients for olive dressing in a bowl and mix thoroughly. Store in refrigerator.
1. Spread a coating of olive dressing over muffutetta bread halves.
2. Alternate meat and cheese slices on one half of bread until stacked nicely. Top with other half of muffeletta bread. Repeat process with other muffeletta bread.
3. Heat skillet and spray with non-stick spray. Cook on both sides until bread is toasted. Cut in half and serve.
4. If cheese is not melted, microwave for a minute or place in 350 degree oven for several minutes.
Yields 2 servings.
Chef Patrick Mould
Louisiana Culinary Enterprises, Inc
Return to Recipes