Pork and Eggplant Rice Dressing
When smothering down the eggplant like we are doing in this dish it is not necessary to salt the eggplant prior to cooking.
1 lb. raw pork sausage
1one-half cup chopped onion
one-half cup chopped bell pepper
one-half cup chopped celery
1 tablespoon garlic
one-third cup dark roux
1 tablespoon Tony Chachere's
2-14 oz. cans beef broth
1 large eggplant, peeled & diced
(Approximately 6 cups)
6 cups Toro Brand cooked rice
one quarter cup chopped green onion
one quarter cup chopped parsley
1. Squeeze pork sausage out of casing into saucepot and cook over medium heat until completely browned.
2. Add onion, celery, bell pepper and cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic and roux. Cook for additional 5 minutes, stirring until roux blends with onion mixture.
3. Add Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning and beef broth. Bring to boil, cover and reduce heat to simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Uncover and add eggplant. Bring back to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for additional 30 minutes. Uncover and simmer for 5 minutes
5. Stir in cooked rice, green onions and parsley.
Yields 8-10 servings.
Chef Patrick Mould
Louisiana Culinary Enterprises, Inc
Return to Recipes