Sweet and Spicy Pecans
These nuts are a great to eat while watching your favorite sporting event.
They are also a nice crunchy, sweet and spicy addition to your favorite salad.
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons hot sauce
1 teaspoon chili powder
½ teaspoon salt
3 cups pecan halves
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
2. Heat butter in sauté pan. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
3. Add remaining ingredients and cook for additional 2 minutes.
4. Place pecans in a bowl and toss with seasoned butter until pecans are coated.
5. Place on cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
6. Cool before eating.
Yield: 3 cups
Chef Patrick Mould
Louisiana Culinary Enterprises, Inc
Return to Recipes